Did you know: of the 50 percent of professionals who accept a counteroffer, 93 percent still leave the company within the next 18 months? As a hiring manager, this is your worst nightmare. Looking for top talent is hard enough; then to lose your dream candidate to a counteroffer from their current employer? That is the worst situation possible – for both of you and the candidate.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]Working with an efficient recruiter can not only help speed the process of finding talent (seasoned recruiters have a bench of qualified workers on deck), but they are also experts in coaching your talent through the process of leaving their current job.[/perfectpullquote]
This is important for a multitude of reasons:
1. First of all, when candidates work with a recruiter, they are cautioned about the very real possibility of receiving a counteroffer, and are explained to why they should not accept this offer.
2. Recruiters double as coaches for candidates. We help candidates prepare for the interviews, making them more confident in themselves and their ability to do the job. This increases the rate of placements we can give you.
3. Recruiters engage deeply with candidates and build long-lasting relationships. Building trust goes a long way and makes them more willing to work with a company that we trust – you.
4. Engaging with candidates allows us to know if they are a good fit for you – and if they think they are a good fit for you. If they don’t, we’ll know something is up and figure out why, and if it’s fixable. If we don’t think they are a good fit, we won’t waste your time or theirs with an interview.
5. Recruiters have good insight into the jobs and help make the onboarding process smoother for the candidate.
At the end of the day, talent will be confident in leaving their current job for your position, and not think twice about the dreaded counteroffer. They will be prepared by a recruiter to confidently accept your job and be quickly and efficiently onboarded, saving you time and money.